Another little item from The Preston Guardian. The Thomas Porter mentioned is the son of James Porter (of the James Porter from the "obituary") and brother of the rascal, Richard Porter. Thomas and his wife, Martha Topper, had twin boys Thomas and John. Although I don't have any definitive proof, I do not believe the boys reached adulthood. (My assumption that Thomas and John likely didn't live to adulthood is totally wrong. They both lived to adulthood!) Thomas just lived up the road from his father, James, where he was tenant on the Wilson Farm, believed to be part of the Browsholme Estate. The newspaper suggested that the other parents had adjacent farms, but I have yet to find proof of that.
Covering approximately 450 years of Porter and associated families history in Lancashire, Yorkshire, England,Canada and US.
INFORMATION
Anyone wishing to contribute to this database please provide names and sources. Only sourced information will be added. Contact me at the email listed above.
The following is a list of families that are associated with the Porter Families of Lancashire, Yorkshire and Canada:
Booth, Baldwin, Brinand/Brennand, Catrowe, Device/Deves/Davie/Davies (Pendleton), Hill, Holgate, Kendal, Langton/Longton, Laycock, Lightbound/Lightbourn/Lighbourne/Lightbown/Lightbowne, Martin/MacMartin/Martinus, O'Neill/McNeill, Pomfret, Rhodes, Robinson, Sellers/Sellars, Steele, Waddington.
Master tree (Family ad Infinitum) which includes all families, is available by invitation. This tree contains over 10,000 entries, sources, photos, documents, etc. If you are related to any of these families and wish to have access, grateful you provide your connection and I will invite you to the tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment